This workshop is currently closed to new students. Want to know when it reopens? Get signed up for my newsletter and you’ll know as soon as it opens!
All videos are now downloadable!
The Gelli Plate is a tool that encourages play. No pressure, just play. That is why I love it so much! I’ll be guiding you step-by-step as you create amazing papers loaded with layers of color and design. People who don’t know about the Gelli Plate can’t imagine how the layers were made. But you will learn exactly how it is done! This workshop is loaded with techniques for both newbies and veterans of the Gelli Plate.
Prints can be just one layer or have layer after layer building up the pattern and color to create 1-of-a-kind papers! I will share the why’s and how’s as I print my papers so you can make your prints with confidence!
You’re looking right over my shoulder as I make my Gelli prints. You’ll see it all- including my oops and how I handle them. I’m also here to answer any questions you might have along the way.
- how to get layers of color in just one single pull from the Gelli Plate
- how to use homemade and purchased stencils
- how to get texture on the Gelli Plate with found objects
- how color theory applies to the Gelli printing (the polite way of saying how to avoid mud)
- how to get subtle or bold effects when you want where you want
- how to use more than just paint on the Gelli Plate
- how to use rubber stamps on the Gelli Plate
- building a composition using layers on the Gelli Plate
- painting on the Gelli Plate
- how to deal with the ugly prints
- how to use the prints in a variety of mixed media projects
- how to combine multiple techniques in one print
- how to be free and experience all the joy in playing with the Gelli Plate!
Just added- bonus lesson on turning Gelli prints into any size gift wrap!
I’ll also share mixed media projects you can do with your Gelli prints. There is no limit to how you can use these papers! Not only will you be getting technique videos you will also see how I use these papers in my artwork.
Once you are in the class you will have access to the entire class so you can work at your own pace! 7 hours of video!
All videos are downloadable!
The class is hosted over at CarolynDubeArtWorkshops.com on a private blog that you will have access to forever!
There is a secret Facebook to share with and get to know fellow Gelli printing classmates too!
This is a video based class so you will need a computer and basic computer skills. High speed internet access is highly recommended. Videos are hosted at Vimeo.